An Update and Build:
A downloadable game for Windows
Entry for GBJAM5!
- 3 more weapon levels added
- Fixed bug where end boss and *secret* can't be
damaged by the upgraded weapons.
- Autosave feature added
- Difficulty adjustments on 2nd level
- Refined boss fight on 2nd level
- Fixed some progress problems with checkpoint rooms
- Added a new enemy- The Ceiling Turret
- Slightly increased difficulty on 2nd boss by adding turrets to the boss room and increasing HP slightly.
- Weapon levels added. Left slots for future updates.
- Reduced how often the first boss uses the laser attack to reduce difficulty
- Added floating debris to the hangar power room.
- Added floating debris to the introduction.
- Reduced recoil from gun
- Fixed collision issues with corners allowing you to zip through walls if they're hit at the perfect velocity.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Going to be at ConBravo this month to show off Derelict EX- a more robust, fleshed out, full length version of this game~ If anyone's going to be there, find me in the indie area~
you should make a colorful sequel of this game
This really reminds me of Layla (Famicom)
Working on fleshing this out and making it a full game~ Next update won't come until that's done!
Okay nevermind, I just beat the bastard. But yeah there's one configuration of those sliding things which seems pretty much impossible to avoid.
Also wanted to edit my previous message but I had to delete it instead because when I went to edit it, the text box would de-select itself after every button input, meaning I'd have to click the box again with my mouse every time I'd press a key, for the entire message. I never had that happen before on any website ever.
Really cool but also really hard! :O
Can I ask if you can send me the sprite walking cycle?
Me & my friend thought it looked really simple & good and is just what we need! (We wont be using the sprite we will only be looking at your walking cycle and then try and do something similar)
Fun! Wish there were gun/health upgrades. Also wish you could save. Level 3 was very frustrating to invest 10 minutes only to have to start all over at the elevator again if I died.
Those things may be coming in the next update :) I actually already have assets made for gun upgrades and such, just never had a chance to implement them. Had to rush a lot to get it ready for the jam deadline~
A question about the gun - after collecting my first upgrade (from beating the first boss), the gun shortly after reverted back to the base level at some point and I never saw any upgrades again, was that meant to happen?
Upgrades work like Blaster Master- taking damage removes 1 level of weapon power. There's effectively 2/40 chance to get a drop from an enemy; 1/20 for health, 1/20 for weapon upgrades, so there's a chance you won't see an upgrade unless you're killing a bunch of robots.